This piece of pop surrealism was started well over a year and a half ago (I think), but I grew uninspired by it and put it down, only to pick it up again after completing the other painting I made yesterday. It turned out much better than I thought it would, it looks almost like band art from some ethereal pop soundtrack or something. I'm inspired by Mark Ryden kind of stuff, and want to dip more into that territory sometimes. Some of the most incredible religious icons in several faiths look like pop surrealism gold, and because I love religious art and imagery, I really want to saturate my art with it.
I might do psychedelic saint art, return to my weird icons, but I also just love pure pop as well. The overlap of pop and religion is a fun area to explore in art as well, and I may have touched on that a little bit with the ending of Asylum Squad, even if just as a creative overtone to emphasize my point as a satire.
I'm just waiting for my next inspiration to come, contemplating what the next piece might be, and also wondering where to store all my canvases! I hope I can move more in sales if/when I get my groove back.
-Saraƒin
UPDATE: Pic snapped of the piece by my Quan Yin lamp - looks neat!


No comments:
Post a Comment