Ok, kundalini yogis are right about this one, definitely - after 8 months of non-stop bandana wearing (to contain my crown area, which is my religious reason for it - other reasons include keeping hair out of my face, and perhaps even a modesty piece to some degree, if you ignore my hot pants), I have decided that major shifts have happened in my strength, which may have even helped me ground and bounce back sooner when life got difficult. I have been doing modest but regular amounts of THC for a while now (heavier at first, I reduced later and now alternate with a CBD mix), which probably helped with ascension, but with this method it definitely makes my psyche feel stronger. It's at least a discipline piece, as I prepare for my day, to tie it on, and concentrate, particularly on my contemplation, which I'm often in. This made a big difference overtime, and I've noticed changes in my life.
One thing I will note is that it gives me religious confidence, as though I'm on the right track, and it does help with my state of mind, which has often felt confused and frustrated. It's odd how when you wear a bandana all the time, it feels strange to not be covering your head. As a result, I feel safer doing it.
One of the things I don't want to be seen as is pretentious, or overtly religious in a way that is of a group I don't belong to, but I need what I see in what they're using, depending on what works. Kundalini yogis often wear white all the time, something I tried a bit here and there while doing it, but apart from not being the best at getting stains out of light clothing, I don't do that kind of yoga anymore, and I don't want to look like I do, and of course other kinds of head coverings, like head wraps for example, might look too appropriative. So, the bandana will do, because it has affiliations that can be both religious and non-religious, so I am simply someone wearing a bandana to most people. I also find it fun to accessorize with them, and have bought many colours for my many styles.
Sometimes I will wear something else on my head, like a toque in the winter, but I still want to cover my head, it just feels right. I know the headdress is very important in religion for various reasons, and I'm seeing the benefits in my own practice with it.
I encourage people who are feeling ungrounded to try this technique, because it might even help a mind feel more grounded. Perhaps groundedness is what I am feeling mostly, from its benefit.
-Saraƒin
No comments:
Post a Comment