Sunday, 16 March 2025

"The Devil"...


 Finished!

Based on the Rider deck "The Devil" tarot card, I like how the devil himself turned out in this one.  Once again, this piece is for "True Crime", my next show at Super Wonder Gallery - it's suggestive of human trafficking, and perhaps the "crime" of selling one's soul, in whatever way one might do so.

14 x 18", acrylic and paint pens on canvas - I think I will price this at $275.00.

I'm really looking forward to this next art show!

-Saraƒin

UPDATE: After analyzing how this piece turned out a bit more, I have some notes - the devil looks more impish here than he looks diabolical, perhaps suggesting what many people believe about the devil's true character.  Much of this is cartoonish and playful, perhaps one sells their soul for money and power (the gun could represent power, in this case) - but the result is bleak, the two people here are crying at what they have done, chained.  It wasn't intentional, but they are showing modesty covering themselves, that might be because I'm asexual and find genitals boring and gross.  So this is about the criminal world of human trafficking, but also about the initial allure of making any kind of deal with the devil.  (He might even not look that scary here because I have conquered my own fight with dark spirit, and so it shows in my art.)

No comments:

Post a Comment