This one is slightly awkward because of my gaze (for the first half!), but is still interesting. I acknowledge that a lot of what I work with may have some degree of superstition attached, but it's designed to ignite the heart, the core of the self, which helps generate a reaction that leads to heightened awareness and healing. Other things, like yoga and certain medicines, can be more scientific. It seems to be a big mystery we may never truly solve, but the fact of the matter is that when practice works, people swear by it.
Tobacco is proving to be one of the best healing medicines I have turned to, but I had to learn to work with it properly. No more recreational usage for me! It's a shame there is such a stigma and misunderstanding attached to it because of the tobacco industry.
-Saraƒin
We have something in common, we both appear in the latest edition of Asylum magazine. I don't think your comic book is available in the UK, unless you know differently. . .
ReplyDeleteYes - I just found this out! Well, it was a self published comic, but if you want to read the online version, check out www.asylumsquad.ca - also, I have book copies for sale both directly and through Caversham Booksellers in Toronto.
ReplyDelete-Saraƒin
Hi Sarafin, i too have drawn cartoons for Asylum published this month. I first followed Asylum magazine intrigued by the Asylum Squad and your wonderful strips. I love your cartoons. I have taken note of what has been written above and will hopefully get hold of some copies. Do you stil produce cartoons and may i ask do you do other artwork? This blog is quite unique. Wayward and dipsy and i like it. Best wishes Anne
ReplyDeleteHey there! I am currently on a long term hiatus from visual arts, mostly blogging and doing videos right now as I explore my spirituality. I feel like I need to be "called" to make comics again, though sometimes I paint, and I post artwork on here as I create it. Thank you for commenting, and I'm pleased you enjoyed Asylum Squad!
ReplyDelete-Saraƒin
Yes I enjoyed Asylum Squad immensely. The cartoon industry seems to be male dominated and i follow other magazines and their cartoonists. So its rare a woman can make it in that industry. Well I hope you find the calling to do more of the stripes. Maybe this time you can follow your days today. Anne
ReplyDelete