Saturday, 13 January 2024

New painting: "Yemaya, Birthing the Waters"...

I have been experimenting with a little bit of devotional practice with some Orisha, with candles and offerings, after I felt myself compelled to dance, and got the impression it might have been Yemaya.  I am not attempting Santeria, or any other specific practice that involves the Orisha, but instead an eclectic practice that came out of spiritual emergency, conforming to mostly folk Christian practices, and then getting the sense that, after a certain point, it was time to experiment, as an eclectic.  I try leads I get in practice, until they prove to be irrelevant (in my case), and I make art about it, in the meantime.  

Since Yemaya is the Orisha I turn to the most, I decided to paint Her.  I quite like how this tuned out.  Acrylic on canvas, with paint pens.  (This might go in an upcoming art show.)

-Saraƒin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment